Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 1: No Contact

"To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping."


I lost it last night.  It started out innocently enough - trying to resolve our finances and the situation with our puppy that we adopted together.


And I lost it.


I said all the things I wanted to say to him - how he was so cruel, so heartless, how the problems weren't with me but with him.


Strangely, I felt better.  Like a HUGE weight had been lifted from my chest.  He may have ended it, but I had the last word.


Now I need to give myself 60 days of no contact with him.  Today is day 1.  You can get away with that profanity spewing verbal rampage once (I think) but you can't do it again.


So today is yours.  One step at a time.  Don't think about the 59 days that lie in front of you, just make it through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment